Friday, May 13

Disappointed

I'm not sure whether I'm disappointed in myself, or in the rest of the world, probably a little of both. I've received so many rejection letters, many of them just plain old form letters over the years. Of course when I first received them I'm upset, I try to play it off and move on because there isn't much more I can do. Then down the road I reread them and find that I'm pissed off at the agencies that don't even bother to explain why they have rejected me. Was my writing bad? Grammar (probably)? Am I not marketable as a writer? Who knows. So what do I do other than move on, keep writing with a massive chip on my shoulder. I'm just at a point right now where I'm ready to give up this writing dream because it only adds another layer of depression I never knew I had.

So be it...

1 comment:

  1. I don't like getting a plain old rejection letter, because if they don't tell you what's wrong, how are you suppose to change anything if you don't know where to start?! Absolutely agree with you on that one.

    Getting rejection letters by agencies is like getting job rejections from companies, you're either over or under qualified. I've read your writings over the years and I know how much effort and time you put in all those. I think you don't even know how great of a writer you are. Just because some of the agencies reject you, doesn't mean there aren't some out there that want you. You just gotta keep on working to find them. Don't argue with me!!

    Instead of getting depressed about it, think about what they are missing. It's their loss if they don't take you, because they could have had a fantastic writer.

    Do not, under any circumstances, be disappointed in yourself, because you do the best you can, you just haven't found the agency to go with yet. Never ever give up your dream, for if you give up on your dreams, what else is there to dream?

    I love you and am proud of having such a talented wife! Never ever forget that!

    ReplyDelete

Quote Up!

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the follo...