Saturday, May 26

My Perfect Birthday!

On May 16th, 19.... Hey I'm not telling you my age. Well my birthday is May 16th and this birthday was the greatest birthday ever! I had such a lovely time, it was truly a perfect day for me. My husband Simon and my sister Julie spent the day outside in the sun, grilling, gaming and laughing and having a sweet time. The food was excellent (Thank you honey) The company even more so. We watered the garden, watched the dogs play, a little rough at times but not too bad. We listened to music and play some board games. Now you may not think this is a big deal, but for us it definitely is! We barely get to spend time together, working or exercising or running errands, life just gets in the way sometimes, but not that day. As I sit here and write this I wish I could turn back time. (Oh ok, I really would like some more of those grill roasted veggies. They were fantastic!!
Just looking at that pictures gets me all tingly! And hey it's healthy right? So I should just go for it! -- No I did not just lick the screen of my laptop! Stop judging me or I'll cry. I guess it's a good thing I cleaned the screen today, I mean do you know how many germs are on most computer screens? Anyway back to the veggies. (Wipes drool from the side of my mouth.) Who the hell orgasms over veggies? Not me!
On the menu for my birthday, for lunch we had chicken wings and oh la la veggies. (Damn things are hunting me I swear). Delicious! Again, thank you honey.
For dinner we had ribs? We are suppose to be on a diet. Well we measured and they are actually not bad in calories. Guess what? Yes, it is true, you can have anything your little heart desires, as long as it is in moderation. They were right! (By they I mean the vicous skinny people who can control their garlic bread intake.) MMmmm garlic bread (slaps self) back on track now. For dinner we had ribs, potato salad (homemade of course), baked beans (also homemade) and grilled corn (Simon burnt it!) and it was all just so fantastic. The weather was beautiful.
We played games and listened to music and when the sun started setting we lit a fire and our tiki torches and bam everything was seriously perfect. I don't much care for the word perfect (it's actually a pet peeve of mine.) Nothing can be perfect, but this day was just that. Perfect.
Got a new MP3 player for my tunes while cleaning, exercising, shaking it. The best gift of all, Rascal Flatts tickets!! Woo woo, haven't seen them live since 95, but I will be seeing them soon. Really can't wait for the concert.

 Life is good. Stop licking my damn computer screen people, it's a picture!
 Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote Up!

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the follo...