Monday, July 23

Rascal Flatts!!!

Did someone say Rascal Flatts? YES I did! I've been a fan of RF since 95 when I attended the Wild West Show where Brooks and Dunn/Toby Keith were the headliners. RF (Gary Levox, Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney) were one of the first 5 acts and had only one hit song at the time.  A young woman there at the concert told her date that they would be one hit wonders. I knew differently. They were destined to be legendary.

I love Rascal Flatts, mainly because Gary Levox's voice is still to this day the most unique of any singer/songwriter out there. There hits, most of which are sappy, break up, run of the mill make up and I lost my puppy songs, but they also have their toe tapping, finger snappy hits to balance it out. For me good people, Rascal Flatts is the creme de la creme'! That is why I was super excited when I received tickets for my birthday this year (2012) and waited impatiently, I might add for July 20th to come.










Eden's Edge
Eli Young Band
Little Big Town

All took the stage -- we enjoyed the entire concert, including the lovely drunken fans that decided to tailgate. We should have tailgated too, but had we done so, we would probably still be the parking lot three days later trying to sleep it off. The entire show was amazing and I find myself wishing that they would come back for another round in Detroit.

Jay DeMarcus a third of the trio had a baby earlier in the day, flew to Tenn and back to the city just in time fo rthe show. Still in his scrubs, Jay did wonderful and we are thankful that he included us in his thoughts on such an occasion. Here's to you Jay, you rock! Gary's voice was stellar! And Joe Don, can play the guitar like a rock God, by the way he looks like one too!

Till the next concert I will be patiently waiting -- ok, maybe impatiently!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote Up!

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the follo...