Sunday, April 25

Mirror Image

I guess it comes full circle, you let another in
Allowed him to do with your heart what he will
Now look at you, look deep inside, your breath is heavy, body lethargic
Those thoughts are back, you're trying to be strong
You think you're made of steel, waterworks you have concealed
Look at me, don't shut me out, you've done that long enough
Give me something to know that you're alive, scream
Fight, yell, cry, scream, please give me anything
Don't raise your hand to me, to you, I am you, you need to look deep
I see the fury in your eyes, the anger upon your cheeks
I know you want to cry, you want to let it go, do so
Let it go now, scream, show me something, no pity
Don't swing on me, I may be shattered into a million pieces
I'm broken at your feet, but I am you, don't hurt me more
I can still see you, I feel your drippings, blood and tears
Let it go, scream, scream, cry, question why, and scream
It always comes full circle, that by now you ought to know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote Up!

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the follo...