Friday, December 10

I Am A Writer?

I am a writer, words defining my life
A page at length, each word significant
I am a writer, some have told me so
Hard to believe though.. Am I?
A story that pours from my life
Blood running rapid and wild
Muscles constricting around a pencil
Eyes, watery staring at lead bleeding pages
Emotions permeating intensely
Dreams raging, but laying dormant
I am a writer, sources combining me
Dictionaries re-defining me
Thesauruses symbolizing me
I am a writer, complex yet simple
Complex in everything I want
Yet simple in what it is that I have
Understanding, yet contemplating
Understanding of human nature
Contemplating a future of success
Cherishing each word and symbol
Periods ending thoughts
Colons breaking lines in two
Symbolic of tattered hearts
I am a writer, consumed but fierce
Consumed by the want, fierce in ambition
Unsure, terror filled, but I am a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote Up!

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the follo...