Tuesday, January 4

Getting Started

I'm a Taurus, the bull -- as in bullheaded -- and I've always had a hard time getting started. I have a million plans for my life, career and health but getting started is the hard part. Anyone else have these types of issues? Once I get started though? Oh yeah baby I get started and I always finish. I could use a few suggestions on how to get started.

My point?

Well I plan on losing a lot of weight, once I get started my hard work will pay off, I know this but I have to get away from the excuses. Is it just me?

I haven't finished Cutthroat, which I had planned to finish by the end of November -- that is last year! Yet I'm still stuck. I have many other story ideas that I would like to get through to but again getting started is very hard because I don't like to start something when I am not finished with other things.

Well I just wanted to vent for now, I got started and I didn't shut up until I was finished, now what to start on now? The rest of my life...

1 comment:

  1. No it definitely is not just you. I think getting started always has a lot to do with the way your mind is set. Losing weight has always been a hard thing to do, no matter how much you'd have to lose. In the beginning you lose it and you're motivated because you see how to pounds drop, but then there's that time where the scale just doesn't move anymore and you get frustrated and start thinking "Oh why the heck do I go through this if it doesn't work anyway?" Well I don't know about you, but that's how it is with me. So I think it's all a question of how much do you want it and how you set your mind. Thinking positive and keeping the goal in your mind always helps. But hey who am I to give advice, right? I still haven't gotten to the point where the switch moved in my head and it just keeps on going and going.

    It probably works about the same with the writing. Keep your goal in front of you and even if you go through some writers block (which I'm pretty sure happens to all those writers out there - yes even the good ones) it will get done eventually. Maybe, maybe you put too much pressure on it?! Just keep on writing and I know it will get done. It has happened the your other two books too, hasn't it? There you go...

    Starting your life will happen this year too. I don't think I have to repeat myself, or do I? ;)

    Keep up the good work. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Quote Up!

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the follo...