Friday, March 11

Literary Agents

I've been reading online tonight, and early into the morning about getting a literary agent. This isn't the first time I've read or even queried agents to represent my work; however, it is the first time I've truly felt overwhelmed with the amount of information and the lack of consistency in that information. First of all you need to know what genre your work falls into, well duh that is a given. Most agents won't even represent amateur writers, but in order to not be considered amateur you must be published. Come on now, how can someone break into a business that is doing everything to keep them out. Someone has to give me and my work a chance right? In this next set of queries I send out I hope that I get something other than the average form letter because frankly I've had my share of those.

I might be a bit frustrated but don't get me wrong I will continue to trek my way through the system, one day down the road someone is going to open a window to see my smiling face and they are going to say, "what's that you got in your hand," and I'm going to have one of my most brilliant pieces of work. Just you wait and see. A lot of the agent lists I've found online have agents listed without any contact information. How do I submit my work to agencies that don't even exist? I don't. Then most of the agents that do have contact information listed are bogus, no named scam artists that only want to make a buck off you while never giving you anything in return. So what's a girl to do? She is going to continue working on it. Don't worry I'm sure I'll be back to let you know how it goes, if not I will be back to bitch about it. Either way, I hope you come back too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote Up!

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the follo...